Streetsboro Heritage Foundation
The first occupants of Streetsboro's Singletary House Museum were John Curtis Singletary (1789-1851) and his wife Harriet Powers (1789-1843). John Singletary began building his home in the center of town in 1826 and it was complete by 1828. Both he and his wife passed away in this home and are buried in the old Streetsboro Cemetery.
John and Harriet Singletary had five sons. Their second son was also John Curtis Singletary (1810-1897) and he married Mary Ann Carter in 1845. They had three sons and four daughters all living in the Singletary house by 1860.
Their daughter Marie A Singletary (1856-unknown) owned more than 158 acres of property in Streetsboro before the family moved to Denver, Colorado. Her two parcels are marked with a blue dot on the map below. This atlas page is dated 1874.
Theodora Singletary was born in February of 1858. This Denver, Colorado directory from 1894-1895 shows that both she and her sister were teachers.