Streetsboro Heritage Foundation
Streetsboro Fire Department
1964 phonebook listed the Streetsboro Twp phone number as MA 6-4113
Joe Pesicek, William Howitt, John Crock, Dave Danner Jr., Reg Werner, Ray Baird, Duane Biltz, Chet Scheffel, Harold Nicholl, Don Beck
Lawrence Goray, Dr. Kenneth Rupp, Gerald Bontrager, Chief Joe Goray, Darrel Baird, William Jahn, Carl Hahn, Francis Crock, Sidney Miller
The Fire Department also served the community as their Town Hall.
1949 Chevrolet Pumper-
The first fire truck of Streetsboro!
Clarence Cobb, Leonard Manfrass, Joe Goray, Perry Grocott, Joe Pesicek,
Sidney Miller, Dana Brewster, Wayne Hannum, Robert Wise, William Jahn, Earl Root
October 31, 1966
Robert Thorne of Thorne Bros. Garage in Streetsboro, (left) donated a rescue saw to the Streetsboro Fire Dept. Here he presents it to Joe Goray, (fire chief) William Jahn, (first assistant) & William Howitt, (second assistant).
Joe Goray and his son Lawrence are pictured with Streetsboro's newest fire truck, which they helped build. Together with volunteer firemen, they mounted the front end pump and built the tank- which took several volunteer hours of work. The truck is four wheel drive, has a 400 gallon water capacity and will be be used mainly for off road service.
click link to read newspaper story
January 8, 1969
Streetsboro's long-awaited firetruck has arrived. Inspecting the three-stage 1,000-gallon pumper unit are (from left) Mayor Lowell C. Spencer, Gerald Bontrager, Fire Chief Joe Goray and William Jahn. The new $29,000 truck will replace a 20-year old model and will give the 21-member fire department a total of five pieces of equipment. Purchase of the truck was made possible by the passage of a two-mill police and fire levy approved by voters two years ago.
Click here to read story copied from the Gateway Press Wednesday, July 20, 1983
Assistant Fire Chief Joe Goray answers a fire alarm. The volunteer department was founded in 1948. Before that Streetsboro had to call on engines from Kent and Aurora.